Saturday, January 28, 2012

Life drawing

In a recent bid to get myself out of the house more often, I decided to go to Life Drawing lessons with a friend of mine.  It's been some time since I sat in front of a naked person (with the intention of drawing them), so I wasn't sure what to expect.  

At previous classes, the model has been in the middle of a large room, with plenty of personal space for everyone.  This session was rather more intimate and my low chair meant my line of vision was, shall we say...unfortunate.  

Funnily enough, and without consciously deciding to, I managed to omit all traces of genitalia from my sketches.  It wasn't until I started to draw the scenario in cartoon format that I realised what I'd done.    Anyway - I've just spent most of the day drawing this strip instead of doing my tax returns. 

No comments: